Do you suffer from painful gums? Maybe your dentist recommended that you should put some more time into keeping your teeth and gums clean to manage or avoid gum disease and other conditions affecting oral health. What are your options?
Managing Gum Disease
Whilst some conditions like periodontal disease may have no cure, patients can manage their conditions with diligent oral upkeep and regular visits to a dentist. If you suffer from periodontal disease, here are a few methods that may benefit your oral health:
- Brush your teeth and gums twice a day
- Floss and use mouthwash
- Use a dentist-recommended toothbrush
- Book routine visits to your dentist
- Avoid smoking tobacco products
- Eat a healthy diet, friendly to your body and overall oral health
Benefits of Enhanced Oral Upkeep
For those with ongoing conditions like periodontal disease, diligent upkeep can make a world of difference! A few benefits include:
- Saved time and money in future visits to a dentist
- Slowed or stopped further decay or infections in the gums or teeth
- Alleviation of pain, cleaner teeth and gums, improved cosmetic dental appearance
Some patients may experience healthier lifestyle habits by prioritising their oral health.
We warmly invite patients suffering from periodontal disease to contact our Highgate Hill, QLD dental practice and get the help they need to protect the longevity of their oral health. You can book online or reach our friendly staff on (07) 3846 2002.